Sunday, December 20, 2009

Early Winter Snow




Apparently mother nature didn't get the note that Winter has yet to start.Either way if you were on the East Coast this weekend you no doubt felt some sort of effect from the massive Nor' Easter that crept up the coast.Now back at work,I was fortunate enough not be caught out at sea during the near white out conditions and fifty mph winds.We were and still are sitting at Staten Island,New York.I was fortunate enough to get out today and try to take some pictures.Unfortunately the dude forgot to charge the camera battery.So after a brisk walk I returned to the boat and charged the battery.I then tried to resume my mission to get some nice "city pictures",request denied.The Captain felt it "unnecessary" for me to go back into town.I honestly had no other motive but to get some pictures.I'm from South East Virginia so I'm not used to seeing any snow,let alone over ten inches.So sorry everyone but you will have to settle for pictures from the boat.Have a merry ChristmaChannaKwanzaka everyone!

3 comments:

Downeast Duck Hunter said...

Our totals in Downeast Maine, 4 inches of snow tops... As of right now, northern Maine is getting pounded with well over a foot of snow while our forecasted 12 plus inches ended up with nary a flake... Have a good Christmas man

DEDH

Kirk Mantay said...

Ha, check out my blog....we ended up with 18" at home, 26" at work, and 10" at the farm.

Respectable totals for Jan/Feb in Maryland, let alone December!

tugboatdude said...

Yeah that was by all means a freak storm last weekend.I just hope there is some open water at the end of January.If there isn't any open water then there may not be any birds left in Maryland Swampy