Monday, December 14, 2009

Time Off






Honestly my lack of posting can only be attributed to laziness.I'm not scared to say it and I'm not ashamed either.I have been off the boat for over three weeks and it has been great.The waterfowl season has been closed for a week and I have accomplished absolutely nothing except catching up on sleep and television.The first two weeks I was home brought the November waterfowl season in Virginia.As in years past I was extremely excited and I have to say I had a few decent hunts and a few not so decent hunts.Over the course of the two weeks available to hunt I was able to get a few new guys to waterfowling on birds.I was also able to get my buddy Kevin and his new water dog out which was a blast.That hunt only produced one bird but it was an awesome all day experience I will not soon forget.I was able to get out for six hunts and all of them at the least we had birds work our spread.I shot poorly on a few hunts and I also made a few awesome shots I had no business taking.My extended time off the boat is due to weather and my lack of ambition to get back on the boat.It seems that everything may work out as I will now be due home in mid January.This may allow me to hunt the last two weeks of the Virgina waterfowl season.It should also allow me to hunt a few days in Maryland with my oldest brother, Swamp Thing.Hopefully I will have a chance to use my new layout blind that has been sitting in my living room for three months staring me in the face.Back to work this evening,enjoy the pictures and merry Christmas everybody!

No comments: