Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Let the Hunt Begin

I have come to a point in my life where I guess I need to grow up,on paper at least.I have worked myself to the bone over the last few years and saved my pennies in the hopes of buying a house.A few years ago I thought I would buy a ranch and a few hundred acres and be a cowboy.So I was a little off on that one,you can't blame me for dreaming.It comes down to the fact that,houses,maintenance,land,insurance isn't cheap and I'm not rich or anywhere near it.I have brought myself back to reality and improved my credit enough to get a decent home loan and trying to stay within a budget I should be able to get a nice little house with some peace and quiet.Even if I don't get a huge yard just knowing that I don't run the risk of someone stealing my house off it's foundation will be nice.Ten years in the ghetto and I think that's enough to last a lifetime.I don't intend on moving to far away from my stomping grounds.I honestly don't intend on moving out of southern Virginia just to the outskirts.The area is all I know and there are still a few places I think I may be able to settle down for a few years,until I hit the lottery and live out my drifting the West on horseback dream out.I know this house buying thing will get to me,I know I will get angry at myself for making stupid decisions at some point but only one way to learn is to do it.I don't have anyone to show me the way,just a few close relatives and friends with very helpful advice and a few priceless contacts.I go home tomorrow and next Monday it's on,let's do this,sorry just trying to sike myself up.

No comments: