Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Over


That's right the dredge job of doom is over.Not knowing if the dredge site would be shut down the next day or would be active for another five years was getting really depressing.However upon my return to the boat from my off time I learned we would soon be leaving the Gulf Coast region and was ecstatic.More on where we are going next in a later post because at the moment I have only an idea.Ideas in this business are worth about as much as a weak cup of coffee.So let's talk about what I did in my time off besides catch an awesome cold that lasted entirely to long.I slept entirely to much end of story.










That is quite the opposite actually.After catching up on bills,a month worth of landscaping and other assorted home owner things I found some time to hang out with my brother swamp thing.Had a great time inflicting pain on my shoulder by shooting a cheap shotgun at clays for a few hours.The silly things I call fun right.I really did have a nice relaxing time hanging with swampy,his wife and the little kid.Upon returning home the cold of death took over my life for a few days.Now please understand I am a huge baby when it comes to pain but this cold was horrible.I'm an idiot so no I did not go to the doctor.i just toughed it out and ate entirely to many products with vitamin c.My last few days home found me drained of all energy so I did what every man would do when the fish are biting.I went fishing!










The blackwater River is a different kind of river.I could and probably will do an entire write up on the small stretch of river that I had a chance to see over the two days of boating.Coughing up a lung,stuffed up nose,chills,strong north winds,yes go fishing.What an awesome time I had and only a few minutes down the road from my new house.I located a few ducks and geese,plenty of deer,beyond beautiful scenery and some fish.So back at work now and exhausted.Hopefully heading back north and I hope to find some time to do some in depth write ups.

No comments: