Monday, May 16, 2011

Nottoway River Finally





















I finally made it out to fish The Nottoway River/Swamp a few days ago and it was a blast.Let's start this off with,I bought a new used truck,with 4 wheel drive.The next day I set out with my old truck,2 wheel drive,and ended up at the wrong boat ramp because I stink with directions.It's not so bad,I ended up at a ramp on the correct body of water.The "ramp" was more like a ravine cut into the hillside and I really could have used my new truck and it's 4 wheel drive.Oh well I out the old ranger to the test and it did fine actually,a bit scary though.I met some great older folks out fishing for panfish and catfish.The fishing was good,I caught about a dozen panfish and one bass.Having never been to that River I consider it a good day.I even found a completely legal duck blind tucked into the swamp,quite odd in an area that is overrun by deer hunters.I almost lost the lower unit off my outboard on a random log three inches below the surface in the middle of the River.I'm hoping to get out one more time before I go back to work but I'm cutting it close.I will just let the pictures do the talking.Enjoy the weather while you can and GET OUTSIDE!

1 comment:

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Sounds like you had a productive day...and looks like you found a few treasures along the way!