Wednesday, September 3, 2008

N.Y.C. Baby! Part 2




well here I am again,back at work.When I showed up to the boat I brought along with me a few hundred insect bites I accumulated while duck scouting with my brother.I'm a little itchy,I look like I have mumps and people think it's acne.We brought the barge up from Philadelphia and dropped it at Perth Amboy.The word is we will be bringing the barge back to the shipyard and sitting at the dock for a few days,not my favorite thing to do.Then last I heard we were heading to Canada.Well I'm itchy so I'm going to go scratch,here are a few pics.

5 comments:

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

So duck report? :)

tugboatdude said...

Yeah about that,well here is the deal.If it doesn't get below 50 degrees we won't see any ducks.Well I shouldn't say zero but very few.We found a few sweet places where we scouted that hold a good feeling but we didn't see anything.This year will be a learning season for me,this is the first year I have a boat to hunt out of.In other words I'm doing this for the first time.Everything from scouting to hunting unknown spots.It's very dry down by me so most of the little ponds are just mud which makes it even more difficult.My hope is that I make it through the season with no major boat problems and of course I want to bust a few ducks to make it worth my time.

Kirk Mantay said...

Furthest south I have seen staging birds has been BW teal in SW NY state (3 weeks ago), wood ducks in central PA (3 weeks ago), and wood ducks in Maryland (today).

{nUtTyPrOfFeSsOr} said...

I can't wait to pluck one from the sky dudes....

tugboatdude said...

hey nutprofessor don't make plans on opening day I don't think swamp thing is coming down and even if he is there is room on the boat for three.