Friday, March 27, 2009

Hello Again my Friends








Geese love biscuits

Yes everyone that is a goose with an uncooked biscuit,no I didn't force feed him/her.The pair of geese in the following pictures haven't moved much in the last year.See at this time last year,I happened to be on a new tug,tyring to find my place in the world of offshore tugboats.We were tied up at a location called Pier 124 in Philadelphia.I didn't have many friends at this company and surely didn't have any on board yet.The above geese,or another pair,became friends in a way.Every morning I would come outside and the geese would spot me,start honking and fly over waiting for breakfast leftover handouts.Well I had all but forgotten about my domesticated goose friends until today.Upon taking grub to the boat from a taxi,I dropped a box full of breakfast items.It so happened that a roll of Pillsbury biscuits busted opened and rolled into the cove we were tied up in,at Pier 124.Of course some eggs,sausage and syrup also made it into the river,mostly because that's my luck.So upon the multiple splashes in the water,the magical honking started.That's when it hit me,the geese were still here.Of course I continued to feed them after the biscuits were all gone.It just struck me funny that at another crossroads in my career I would be right back where I made a huge move coming to offshore tugboats.I know it's not much of a "miracle",but it made me feel good looking at the geese,remembering everything I have been through in the last year.Enjoy the GOOSETASTIC pictures!





No more bread,they are stuffed after a roll of biscuits and a hoagie roll

5 comments:

{nUtTyPrOfFeSsOr} said...

I agree; sometimes it's easiest to step back and rediscover what little things got you to where you are today- sorta like that A-hole freshman that finally graduates 4 (or 5 or 6) years later!

tugboatdude said...

yeah no doubt,there is still only a certain amount of poo one can take.That being said,I have worked with much worse people for much less money.

Kirk Mantay said...

Exactly, it's not like you ever had to wear a Life Size Bagel on live TV.

{nUtTyPrOfFeSsOr} said...

U suk.

tugboatdude said...

YT you loved that shiz,don't even lie.Man I need to find a copy of that tape for future blackmail