Thursday, June 23, 2011

In Demand



It's quite a new feeling for me at work,the feeling of being needed.Not that I have changed in any way,just the surroundings.I'm trying to settle in at the new company,yes I got the job,and it has been a stressful but fulfilling week.Making calls to my last employer to finding my way to a company bunkhouse in NYC had me on edge.Staying in said bunkhouse with a few strangers from all parts of the country made it a little easier.I sat back and realized I'm not the only one that feels it.For sure we won't all make it to permanent employment but some of us might.When I arrived at my new boat I was greeted with a hey @%$! let's go!Yes,Yankees,lots of them and in full effect.I find them funny because of the open behavior of I don't care they love to display.So that's where my life is right now.I missed my fishing trip to the mountains but the mountains will always be there or so I hope.I'm taking plenty of pictures of the big stinky apple and when I find a moment I will but together a more in depth writing of my first week in the big leagues.

2 comments:

Map Monkey said...

Congrats on the new job. But watch out who you're calling a big stinky apple! We haven't even had a garbage strike this summer! THEN you will understand stinky.

tugboatdude said...

HAHA!I love the city and what it has to offer,I just don't understand the livi8ng in a concrete jungle thing