Thursday, June 9, 2011



It's been a real struggle to keep my head on straight the last few weeks.My last blog post didn't go over well with some fellow mariners but I still stand by what I said.I want to add though that it's the way I feel about the subject which doesn't mean it's entirely correct.That being said I need a break!Hauling coal up and down the Chesapeake Bay is one thing,try doing it a man short and it makes it that much mo betta!Then the boat gets kicked off contract on the hottest part of the year so far and we go to the shipyard for some intense manual labor.Let's follow that up by me taking a stand and asking for a raise for the first time in three years and getting completely shot down.So it's time to move on,the resume has been emailed and although I don't have concrete offers I have been talking to several different companies.Credentials will be faxed in next week when I get home and I really do hope something comes through.I have been with my company for almost four years and I really don't want to leave.All signs are pushing me out the door though.Everything from more money,better benefits,less actual time worked which equals more time at home and paid education.That's the key right there,who wants to send the dude to school to get my captains licence.So that's where we are and I'm trying not to stress over the inevitable changes that may occur in the next few weeks.I hope to get outdoors and do some fishing in between the hunt for a new company.Take care everybody and get outside because I can't!

2 comments:

The Reverend Fowl ™ said...

“Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” –Philippians 4:6

We go through seasons of life, never remaining in one season. I personally care for our infant & toddler, weekdays & had to find double weekend shifts instead. Otherwise we would spend more on child care than one of us would make.

The Lord is going to hook you up; these are just birthing pains for the good times.

tugboatdude said...

Great advice and so very true!