Monday, August 4, 2008

Shipyard Fun part doo and heif


Well well well how much fun am I having,so much it should be illegal.OK not that much fun but oddly enough I'm pretty much done with this experience.I did have a little bee buzz in my ear about a possible trip to Maine and Canada with a large petroleum barge,we shall see.I have said it before and I will say it again nothing is certain in the tugboat world until the minute it happens.So what have we been doing.....to start we finished putting the two thousand feet of tow wire on the drum.Then we removed all the parts and I mean everything from the starboard main.Well the diesel mechanics did that we just got really greasy trying to help.Besides that we replaced some metal on the stern took out the steering rams to get re manufactured,wow we have done to much we should slow down.Well I'm running out of energy to type plus the hamburgers are ready for the grill and I need two showers.The above picture is the little inlet and island that I retreat to but its my secret because the other guys on the boat haven't found it yet.

3 comments:

Kirk Mantay said...

By the way, you are surrounded by totally underutilized public hunting areas. Abandoned sand pits, dredge spoil ponds, etc. Both on the MD and DE side of the border.

tugboatdude said...

Yeah it's obvious because th duck habitat is really good and overpopulated

Downeast Duck Hunter said...

When I was younger and my father was lobstering offshore, we would see those barges being towed on their way to Yarmouth, Halifax, and other points of interest... What amazed me the most was how far those tow cables run from the ship to the barge and how they would not run behind the tug but rather off to the side... My dad got out of the way one time and told me that you just don't alter the course of a barge so it was either hit the throttle or sink...